[Orca-users] Re: Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sun Jan 13 11:15:17 PST 2002

dotted_i wrote:

> OK here is a new one for me.
>
> I am installing Orca on a second machine and i am getting an error
> that i did not get when i installed orca on a machine w/ the same
> config.
>
> when running ./bin/orca -v lib/orcallator.cfg i get this error:
>
> Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC (@INC
> contains: /usr/local/lib /usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-
> solaris /usr/perl5/5.00503 /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-
> solaris /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at ./bin/orca line 31.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./bin/orca line 31.
>
> to solve the problem i added the following line to the orca script
> my $rrds_lib = "/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/lib/perl/";
> unshift(@INC, $libdir, $rrds_lib);
>
> it works but i would like to know what the real solution is.
>
> thanx.

Are you sharing the same Perl installation on the second machine from
the first one or is the location different?  You'll need to install the
rrdtool package located in orca-0.XX/packages/rrdtool-XXXXX into this Perl.
You can run configure in that directory and then cd into perl-shared and
run perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, make install.

Also, the better way to modify @INC is to do

    use lib '/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/lib/perl/';

This way you don't need to write the more complicated code and don't
need to place it in a BEGIN {} block.