[Orca-users] interesting problem

Pete Stoneberg pete at bignicolet.com
Tue Jan 22 11:04:02 PST 2002

I've created a new orca installtion on my new Linux server.  Copied over
my configuration files and let it run in daemon mode over night.  It
created charts for every system.  I then decided to  split my
configuration up into 3 sets so I could run 3 seperate daemons to
process the information. Don't know if I did it right, but I created 3
seperate orcallator.cfg files all with a common orca home.  Each file
has a unique html_dir, rrd_dir, and orca.state file as well as get_files
directives.  One daemon works, the other two die shortly after startup.
I'm now trying to run them in -o mode and here is the message that is
scrolling across the screen at ludicrous speed.

./orca: internal error: expecting RRD name
`solaris_adlog02.wm.orbitz.com_gauge_tcp_Rst/s' but no data loaded from
`/var/www/html/perf/files/solaris/adlog02.wm.orbitz.com/percol-2001-11-29.gz'
at time Thu Nov 29 15:50:00 2001 (1007070600).
./orca: internal error: expecting RRD name
`solaris_adlog02.wm.orbitz.com_gauge_tcp_estb' but no data loaded from
`/var/www/html/perf/files/solaris/adlog02.wm.orbitz.com/percol-2001-11-29.gz'
at time Thu Nov 29 15:50:00 2001 (1007070600).

This is happening on both the ones that fail.  I've gone over the config
files and they are fine.  Anybody seen this before or know how I can fix it?
I'm using the  latest version of orca and orcallator.cfg file.

Thanks.

Pete Stoneberg