[Orca-users] Re: yet another orca question...

mbanker1966 mtb at nac.net
Mon Jul 1 10:30:33 PDT 2002

Okay, I've changed my approach somewhat for this issue... maybe
somebody can help me out.

I have a single directory with all the orca perf data in
it: /orca/data/$hostname

There are hundreds of hosts in this directory.  I have some lookup
code that will pull the appropriate group name from a database for
each of these hosts.  So it will return something like NYPROD or
LNDEV for each host.

What I want is the initial html index page to list these groups, and
by clicking on the group you will get the page with all the
appropriate hosts.  There are just too many hosts to have on one page
at this point and I'm just trying to logically group them.

Anyone do something like this?

Thanks!

--- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:
> mbanker1966 wrote:
> >
> > Got everything working, and I'm very impressed.  One question,
> > though... say I have hundreds of machines to monitor and chart.
> > Having them all appear together on a web page could be a little
> > confusing.  How would I add another level of organization so that
> > they are grouped by dns zone for example.  So the first page you
> > would see would list all the zones, and then clicking on a zone
would
> > get you the list of hosts in that zone.  The directory structure
> > would be something like /orca/orcallator/$zone/$hostname.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > mtb at n...
>
> Thanks!  You probably want to keep the same structure for the
percol-*
> and/or orcallator-* files and rrd files and just change the Orca
> configuration files.
>
> What you want to do is copy your one configuration file into many
and
> change the line
>
> find_files              @VAR_DIR@/orcallator/(.*)/....

> find_files              @VAR_DIR@/orcallator/(.*\.zone1