[Orca-users] Installing Orcallator through jumpstart

bias16 list2002 at bias.org
Wed Jul 10 20:58:41 PDT 2002

Hello,

I gathered most/all of my information on how to setup orcallator for
client installation through jumpstart which installs orcallator.se,
startup scripts, rsync, and cron to rsync to server.

But, I couldn't find anywhere where the whole thing was documented.  I
went ahead and did this for all that can benefit from it at:

  http://www.solarisadmin.com/orca

We have been using similar setup since last year with great success.

I have had to make many adjustments to orca server configuration as
our number of clients approaches 300.  I'm currently setting up 480R
server where most of rrd/orcallator will run in memory via many
processes.  But, client install have worked very well throughout.

Let me know if you have any success with above.  If someone already
had this documented out there, let me know that also as I'd like to
compare how we do it.

Thanks again Blair for such a great product.  Orca has been a
lifesaver in identifying issues on our systems.

- Liston