[Orca-users] Re: Oracle processes

dmitryb17 dberezin at surfside.rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 11 08:09:30 PDT 2002

> Probably the best way would be to write a separate program to do
this,
> since then it won't only work on Solaris systems.  However, it would
> be easiest to integrate the data into orcallator.se so that you
don't
> have to set up separate plots.

It should be easy enough to add another function to orcallator.se
that would count the number of Oracle processes; however, I could not
find a way to get the data similar to the output of netstat or
netstat -a. I then could get the number of connections per
server/port as well. Do you know if there is a way to do that with se?

> A medium solution would have orcallator.se spawn a separate process
> that runs this program that calculates the number of connections,
> returns it to orcallator.se which uses it in its own output.

Are there any examples of doing similar things?

Thank you.

  -Dmitry.