[Orca-users] Re: disk replacement

orcausers lsaladi at uillinois.edu
Fri Jul 12 11:29:53 PDT 2002

it's there already? here's the cut and paste -

// The maximum number of columns of data.
#define MAX_COLUMNS             2048

// Use the new raw disk code all the time because it has been very
// well tested and there are no major bug reports in it.
#define USE_RAWDISK             1

// If WATCH_OS is defined, then measure every part of the operating
// system.
#ifdef WATCH_OS
#define WATCH_CPU               1
#define WATCH_MUTEX             1
#define WATCH_NET               1
#define WATCH_TCP               1
#define WATCH_NFS_CLIENT        1
#define WATCH_NFS_SERVER        1
#define WATCH_MOUNTS            1
#define WATCH_DISK              1
#define WATCH_DNLC              1
#define WATCH_INODE             1
#define WATCH_RAM               1
#define WATCH_PAGES             1
#endif

--- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:
> Try line USE_RAWDISK line in orcallator.se:
>
> // Use the new raw disk code all the time because it has been very
> // well tested and there are no major bug reports in it.
> #define USE_RAWDISK             1
>
> Best,
> Blair
>
> --
> Blair Zajac <blair at o...>
> Web and OS performance plots - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/
>
> orcausers wrote:
> >
> > version 1.32 of the orcallator.se file.
> >
> > --- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:

> > task 'going
> > segmentation
> > >
> > > Reboots should not be required to get orcallator.se working.
Which
> > > version of orcallator.se are you using?
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Blair