[Orca-users] Re: disk replacement

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Jul 12 13:37:26 PDT 2002

Alan LeGrand worked on getting access to more disk statistics that
could not be used through the normal interfaces, hence the name
RAWDISK.  From the code:

// This code was developed so that the performance of virtual disks
// originating from a Sun A1000 raid controller could be monitored.
// These disks do not show up in the GLOBAL_disk[] io structure of SE.
//
// This extension accesses the sys_kstat.se interface to the kstat IO
// queues to extract info on drives not available in the kstat.se
// kstat$disk interface.  Global data shared between function calls.

Blair

ttp://www.orcaware.com/orca/