[Orca-users] Re: Illegal Seek Errors / Unkown Errors

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sat Jul 13 23:00:00 PDT 2002

g051798 wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have the following configuration:
>
> * One Orca Server sharing the entire orca directory to all orcallator
> clients. This server creates rrd's and html, etc...
> * Many Orca Clients mounting the orca directory writing to the NFS
> server share(orca/var/orcallator/server/...)
>
> Is this a correct configuration?  Or should I be installing ORCA on
> each client.  I do the NFS share from the server so I don't have to
> install the ORCA binaries on each client.

No, you've got it set up properly.  Only one Orca server and many
orcallator.se's dumping data on the Orca server via NFS is one good
way to go.

> This has been working fine until a few days ago(the same time i added
> more clients) when i started receiving the following types of
> errors.  NOte they all seem to be the disk run percentage html files:

Here are some questions:

Which Solaris version?

Which Orca version?

Which orcallator.se version?

Which Perl version?  Run perl -v.  Who compiled this Perl version?
What is the maximum number of open file descriptors you can have for
this process.

Has the system filled up either disk space or in inodes?

You may need to increase the number of open file descriptors for the
Orca process.