[Orca-users] Re: Graphing in the future?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Jul 19 11:59:28 PDT 2002

askagoat wrote:

> I discovered corrupted data in the date area of the orca.state file.
> Does this file get its data from RRD files?  If my orca.state file is
> corrupt, what should I do to fix it (eg. restore from backup,
> manually edit it, remove RRD files?)
>
> Thanks for all your help.

The ultimate source of the data is the orcallator.se output files, so
I would begin there.  I would print the output files and grep for
the strings that appear in orca.state, like 10166985525 and see if
they are messed up.

I don't recall the exact data flow right now.

I would first delete the orca.state file, which is safe to do, and
then rerun Orca and see if there's any problems, or if the orca.state
file gets corrupted again.  If that doesn't work, then delete the
state file and the corrupt RRD files.

Can you send me the corrupt state file?