[Orca-users] Re: nodename

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Jul 24 19:49:40 PDT 2002

dlbias2002 wrote:

> Thanks! that seems to be working...
>
> I noticed that I have not been deleted the uncompressed daily data
> with rsync (add the --delete flag).  Each day has file that ends in
> bz2 and one that does not.  Is there a performance gain from not
> deleting this old files?  I have 10-15 Gig, so space really isn't an
> issue now but may be someday if these file just keep going and going.
> Only been running orca for about 45 days now.
>
> Thanks,
> Liston

The default find_files configuration parameter in orcallator.cfg tells
Orca to read both the uncompressed and compressed files, so you really
just want one or the other in your system.  If you have tons of space,
then leaving the uncompressed ones around will be faster since you don't
need to run bzcat or zcat to read them.