[Orca-users] Re: different ]units between summary and graph

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Jul 26 23:33:16 PDT 2002

tulanian wrote:

> On some of my graphs the summary has different units from the y-scale.
> e.g. the y-scale will be 0-200 but the average will be 48252m. This is
> a little confusing. Is there a way to force the units?

I just looked and RRD supports holding the Y axis scale to a particular
unit using the --units-exponent option to RRDs::graph so, yes it can
be done.

However, Orca doesn't support currently any way of easily doing this.
It'll require a new configuration file option for the admin to set
the exponent to match what appears in the summary and have Orca pass
the information down to Orca::ImageFile.

The best way to do this would be to have RRD use the same scale for the
summary data, but it's not clear how to do that.

If you can figure out how to do this in RRD, I'll put the feature
in Orca.