[Orca-users] Re: orca not graphing weekly properly

Yves Dorfsman yves at zioup.com
Mon Jul 29 12:38:21 PDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Blair Zajac wrote:

> To fix this you may want to try this:
>
> 1) Stop Orca.
> 2) Delete the orca.state and *.rrd files.
> 3) Start Orca.

No that doesn't help.

Looking at it more closely, this problem might have to do with the
"interval" feature. Am I right thinking that "interval" is the number of
seconds in between two datapoint ??

If I am right, why do we need this, since there is a timestamp ?
Does that mean that ORCA won't be able to graph if the data comes in at
random interval (say every five minutes, then switch to every 10 minutes,
then change again...) ??

What is the effect of getting the wrong interval number ?
What is the effect of having data points at random time ?

Thanks,

Yves.
----
Yves Dorfsman                                             yves at zioup.com