[Orca-users] <defunct> orca processes ....

Camron W. Fox cwfox at fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 31 14:40:34 PDT 2002

Alle,

	We have been running orca in daemon mode for the last 48 hours with logging
turned on because it kept dying mysteriously and we could not find the
cause. Now orca is not dying but it has created several (1018 at last count)
<defunct> processes, which now causes it to fail because there are too many
open files.
	Has anyone had experience with this? I looked at the archive and found the
issue about the "/usr/bin/bzip2" path, but that doesn't apply in our case.

Best Regards,
Camron

Camron W. Fox
Hilo Office