[Orca-users] Re: Problem creating a new plot

Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Tue Jun 18 21:56:00 PDT 2002

> Darren Dunham wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to massage some Windows performance data into orca.
>
> Cool.  Can you share the scripts for all of us?

Remember the one I posted about 3 weeks ago?  Its the same one, but I'm
trying to clean it up a bit.

The data is just coming from Windows SomethingOrOther in NT that saves
this stuff to a .tsv.   :-)

> > Currently I have some machines creating this as their data.
> >
> > timestamp [...] /Processor-_Total-/%_Processor_Time

PS.  These are Win2K machines.

> > timestamp [...] /Processor-0-/%_Processor_Time

And this is the way the NT machines save it.

> Did Orca ever work with this new systen?

We just got the NT machines saving data for the first time.  All the
other plots in common with the Win2K boxes draw, but I haven't been able
to get the CPU boxes to draw.

> With orcallator, you used to have to wait for a new data file to be
> created so that Orca could pick it up.

Right.  Brand new data file, always has the same columns.

> If you can send a data file along that doesn't work, that would be good.

I'll trim one tomorrow and send it along.  There are more columns than
I'm showing, but the CPU ones are the ones I need to print that aren't..

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com
Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company