[Orca-users] Question on comparing interface bits/sec reported by ORCA vs SNMP

Sean O'Neill soneill at oneill.dhs.org
Fri Mar 8 19:20:15 PST 2002

Not sure how exactly to describe this so I attached the graphics to show
what I'm "trying" to describe.

The cricket.png is obviously the results for my qe1 interface from SNMP
queries by Cricket.  orca.png ... go figure.  The input bits on the
interface are basically identical.  This is because I'm NFS mounting a
bunch of stuff from an FreeBSD machine on the Solaris system - I'm positive
most of this is ORCA processing related and reads for Squid report generation.

Its the output bits that are throwing me.  They are deviate by about
100Kbps with ORCA showing the additional 100Kbps output.  What "additional"
bandwidth utilization does Orca see that SNMP doesn't ?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sean O'Neill