[Orca-users] Memory Errors

bias16 list2002 at bias.org
Sat Mar 9 18:41:04 PST 2002

Has anyone figured out how to restrict memory usage that perl is
using?

I got the following error message before a couple of my orca processes
died about 4 days into running:

Out of memory during "large" request for 135168 bytes, total sbrk() is
791121200 bytes at /usr/local/orca/lib/Orca/ImageFile.pm line 318.

As indicated in earlier post, I am running everything in /tmp of a
T1400 with 4Gig Memory, 2Gig swap, and 4 CPU's.  Orca files (rdd,
html, orcallator) take up about 2Gig of space.

Has anyone had luck solving this problem but just start/kill the orca
daemon script once a day?

Would adding swap help?  It seems like it would just delay the problem
and slow things down, but may try it.

I've thought about purchasing a 280R for which I could add 16Gig
Dataram memory in.  Unfortunately, it only has two processes
(although 900 UltraSparcIII) so I'm not sure if that would be better.
I would need to give up T1400 to purchase 280R.

Thanks,
Liston