[Orca-users] Re[2]: Installing Orca help

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Mon Mar 11 12:33:25 PST 2002

Mukarram Syed <muksyed at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks.
> But don't we have to build a web page in Apache so
> that Orca displays Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly
> data?  Or is all that done in the orcallator.cfg file.

yes - isn't it wonderful!?!

> Were do we specify in the orcallator.cfg file
> regarding the apache html root directory?

Umm, lets see.  Ah, here it is:

# html_dir specifies the top of the HTML tree created by Orca.
html_dir                /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs

> I have already apache running on the system I
> installed orca and I have web page running.  I would
> like to use the same webpage link to the orca graphs.
> In other words, I like to have a line there like "Orca
> Graphs" and when I click on that it should display the
> graphs for each system I select.

Ok, then do this (assume that /htdocs is where your html
root is):

mkdir /htdocs/orcastuff

	and then change the html_dir lines to say:

# html_dir specifies the top of the HTML tree created by Orca.
html_dir                /htdocs/orcastuff

	finally, put a link in your webpage to orcastuff/index.html
(I *THINK* its index.html - I could be wrong.  If I am, replace 'index.html'
with whatever it is that orca calls it).

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

`welcome.  ;-)

> -Mukarram Syed.