[Orca-users] Re: Not able to start orca

mariaburrittieri maria.burrittieri at equant.com
Thu Mar 21 09:13:42 PST 2002

--- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:
> mariaburrittieri wrote:
> > Hi Blair,
> >
> > I added the option as you requested and I get the following:
> >
> > c2t8d28 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal Request Error
> >         c2t8d29 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c2t8d30 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c2t8d31 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c2t24d28        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c2t24d29        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c2t24d30        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c2t24d31        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c3t9d28 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c3t9d29 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c3t9d30 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c3t9d31 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c3t25d28        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c3t25d29        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c3t25d30        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c3t25d31        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c2t8d32 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c2t8d33 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c2t8d34 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c2t8d35 OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black - Illegal
Request
> > Error
> >         c2t24d32        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c2t24d33        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c2t24d34        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error
> >         c2t24d35        OPEN-9      -SUN          2 black -
Illegal
> > Request Error>, dname<c3t9d32>, GLOBAL_sderr[138].Product<(nil)>,
> > GLOBAL_sderr[138].Illegal_Request<0>, <black - Illegal Request
Error>)

> > Have you seen this kind of error before?
> > Thanks
> > Maria
>
> I have not.  Just checking, are you running as root?
>
> Also, you may want to comment out the line
>
> #define USE_RAWDISK             1
>
> in orcallator.se and see if that helps.
>
> Blair
>
> --
> Blair Zajac <blair at o...>
> Web and OS performance plots - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/

Hi Blair,

I looked at orcallator.se, but it's already commented out.  And I
am running as root.  Any other clues?  I'm running orca on all
of my domains on an E10K.  We have fiber cables going from the E10K
to an inrange switch and then from there fibers going to an HITACHI.
I noticed something.  On one particular domain I was running orca
with no problems.  Then a system administrator needed to change a
cable from the inrange to the Hitachi.  He first disabled the disk
with Volume Manager, replaced the cable and then enabled it back with
Volume Manager once again. (disks did not change)  Ever since he did
that, Orca stopped running and when I run S99orcallator with -d
option, I get the same exact errors that I emailed previously.

Thank you once again for your help.
Maria