[Orca-users] Help on Memory Available Swap Space

Mukarram Syed muksyed at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 11:37:32 PST 2002

Hi All at Orca.
I want to know how the Memory Available Swap space is
being calculated.  Is the number derived from both the
available swap space and the Free Physical (RAM)
memory combined? or is it just the available swap
space?
The reason I ask is that I have a Solaris E-450 with
4096MB of RAM and about 5GB of swap.  TOP reports the
following:
Memory: 4096M real, 60M free, 262M swap in use, 4860M
swap free.
Which I think is correct.
However, Orca graphs report that the Memory Free is
63MB which corresponds to TOP.  But the Memory
Available Swap Space in Orca reports as 6.37GB, which
does not correspond to TOP.
Any input on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.
-Mukarram Syed.
Unix system administrator
XO Communications.