[Orca-users] Startup problem after adding config for GigE card

lburkely lburkely at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 11:10:08 PDT 2002

Currently use SE toolkit 3.2.1 with Orca 0.27b2.  Added info to
monitor new Gig Ethernet card now orcallator.se kicks up an error.
For instance:

$ /opt/RICHPse/bin/se -d -DWATCH_OS ../orca-0.27b2/lib/orcallator.se 5
> orcallator.log.out
Fatal: subscript: 2 out of range for: pnetGLOB_save_nets[2]: Near line 119

So I take a look at the p_netstat_class.se include file around line 119:

      }
      ipackets = pnetGLOB_save_nets[i].ipackets;
      ierrors = pnetGLOB_save_nets[i].ierrors;
      opackets = pnetGLOB_save_nets[i].opackets;
      oerrors = pnetGLOB_save_nets[i].oerrors;
      collisions = pnetGLOB_save_nets[i].collisions;
      if (opackets != 0) {
        collpercent = (collisions * 100.0) / opackets;
      }

And I've got no idea where to go from there.  I didn't install either
of these products, but from my reading I believe this is where I
should be looking.

The test script the kindly FAQ at setoolkit suggests works:

$ bin/se examples/net.se
Name           Ipkts       Ierrs       Opkts       Oerrs       Colls
Coll-Rate
hme0        41493641           0    77808804           0           0
   0.00 %
age0         1959163           0      270890           0           0
   0.00 %

So I believe the changes made to setoolkit were correct.  Now I just
don't know why orcallator.se is complaining.  It stopped creating
orcallator output after I added the interface info to kstat.se and
restarted.

Sorry if this is an setoolkit question, but I'm not sure where the
disconnect is.

Thanks,

Lisa Burke
Unix System Admin