[Orca-users] Re: Orca orcallator.cfg process dies for unknown reason - anyone seen this ?

Liston Bias list2002 at bias.org
Wed Oct 9 10:32:39 PDT 2002

Might be a perl issue.  Perl doesn't do a good job of releasing memory.
On prior setup with 2Gig of memory, I had to restart the orca process
many times a day to prevent it from dying.  I know have 16Gig of memory,
but still restart it once a day just to clean everything out.

I have seen no issues with restarting the orca processes multiple times.

- Liston

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Sean O'Neill wrote:

> Anyone else out there having a problem where the Orca orcallator.cfg
> process dies for unknown reason ?  I have a crontab job that runs four time
> a day to restart this process because of this problem.
>
> Wondering if anyone knows specifically why its doing this.

- Liston Bias                       The key to being a good manager is
  Alumnus of Oklahoma State Univ    keeping the people who hate me away
  Alumnus of Florida State Univ     from those who are still undecided.
                                                    -- Casey Stengal
  bias at pobox.com
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias