[Orca-users] Re: data file disposal

Yves Dorfsman yves at zioup.com
Thu Sep 12 13:02:43 PDT 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, jannev66 wrote:

> Can data files be safely removed once the rrd and html files have
> been created?

I think this one is answered in a FAQ somewhere (and better than I can do
it), but basically I would at least archive the data, not destroy it. As
soon as something goes wrong, it's always nice to be able to have Orca to
re-generate the RRD, png, and html files.

If you are not using a pre-configured package like orcallator, but are
using your own data, note that you can compress your files, orca will
still be able to read them.

Yves.
----
Yves Dorfsman                                             yves at zioup.com