[Orca-users] duplicate data files

jannev66 mtb at nac.net
Fri Sep 13 10:48:30 PDT 2002

How will orca react to having the same data file twice, one
compressed and one not?

orcallator-2002-09-13-000
orcallator-2002-09-13-000.Z

The uncompressed file gets sent every 15 minutes during the day, and
the compressed file gets sent one per day (after the daily restart.)
Perhaps I'll write a script on the server to clean up the
uncompressed files, but I'm just curious how orca will deal with this.

The reason this happens, by the way, is that by default we only send
the data file over once per day (the previous days compressed file.)
However, on some critical machines, we are constantly sending the
current file during the day, say every 15 minutes.  The result is
that we end up with two data files for the same day, one compressed
and one not.

Thanks.