[Orca-users] setting orca to look at apache web logs

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Apr 16 08:11:20 PDT 2003

> "Domaradzki, Jan" wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've got orca up and running. However, I'm having dificulty getting
> it to plot the graphs associated with  apache web logs.
>
> I found this info....
>
> If you use the one of the following configure options then it'll set up
> orcallator script correctly
>
>    --with-ncsa-log=FILE       location of the NCSA style web server access
> log
>    --with-proxy-log=FILE      location of the proxy NCSA web server access
> log
>    --with-squid-log=FILE      location of the Squid file log file
>
> Blair
> If I configure orca with the --with-ncsa-log=FILE option, will this add
> the correct info into the orcallator.se file. Also, do I need to set the
> WATCH_HTTPD in my orca startup script in rc3.d?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jan

Hi Jan,

Using the --with-ncsa option won't modify orcallator.se but will modify
the start_orcallator script, which is called by start_orcallator.sh, which
is also called by S99orcallator.

The option isn't called WATCH_HTTPD anymore, it's called WATCH_WEB.
This is also set up by configure in the start_orcallator.sh.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/