[Orca-users] Problem with main index.html and subgroups...

Renaat Dumon renaat_dumon.removethis. at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:15:52 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I've been using Orca for quite some time now (with orcallator ; procallator & a perfmon script).  Currently I'm diving things into different subgroups by using a new "group" in the same .cfg file for Orca. Like this:
  group orcallator {
  find_files              /orca/data/orcallator/(.*)/(?:(?:orcallator)|(?:percol))-\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}(?:-\d{3,})?(?:\.(?:Z|gz|bz2))?

  group procallator {
  find_files              /orca/data/procallator/(.*)/(?:(?:procallator)|(?:proccol))-\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}(?:\.(?:Z|gz|bz2))?
Obviously, because of the different data gatherers (Solaris / Linux / Windows) , the plots will contain different parameters , and may have different titles.

What I get on the main page is indeed an enumeration of the different groups, and within each subgroup the nodes for which data has been found belonging to that group.

My problem is however that in the second part of the index.html page, the enumeration of the "Available Data Sets" is not divided in different subgroups!  What I mean is that it's just a long list with first of all all available data sets for the first group, immediately followed by all available data sets for the second subgroup, etc etc.    So something like this:
  System Overview [Info]                                                                                 Daily Weekly Monthly Quarterly All
  Average # Processes in Run Queue (Load Average) [Info]                                Daily Weekly Monthly Quarterly All
  CPU Usage [Info]                                                                                         Daily Weekly Monthly Quarterly All
  Memory Pages Locked & IO [Info]                                                                 Daily Weekly Monthly Quarterly All
  Average # Processes in Run Queue (Load Average) & number pf CPUs [Info]    Daily Weekly Monthly Quarterly All
  CPU Usage [Info]                                                                                         Daily Weekly Monthly Quarterly All
It would help to at least see those lists delimited by the group name again for instance, and maybe have some HREF at the top of the page to jump to the data sets for the different subgroups...
I've sniffed around in orca.pl  and I've located the section (as of line 793) where the genration of the index.html is done, but can somebody point out to me what changes could be made ?

Also, on line 881, there is the following source code:

        # Add to the top of the file HREFs to all of the different
        # subgroups in the HTML file.  This makes traversing the HTML
        # page easier.  Do this if there are two or more subgroups in
        # this HTML page.
        if (@{$same_legends_image_list{$legend_no_subgroup}} > 1) {
          $href_html .= "<hr>\n";
          foreach my $legend_image (@{$same_legends_image_list{$legend_no_subgroup}}) {
            my $subgroup = $legend_image->subgroup_name;
          }
        }

I don't see what it should do, and I can't find anything like it in my .html files... However, I added a debug line in this section, and although I have 2 subgroups, it's only looping through this code once...

Kind regards,

Renaat