[Orca-users] newbie question

Steve Starer steve.starer at opco.com
Wed Dec 3 10:36:58 PST 2003

All,

I recently put orca, rrd, and the se toolkit into my environment, after reading the latest SySAdmin. Everything installed, and I managed to fill in some of the things left unsaid in the article. But somewhere along the line, I seem to have lost something.
Orca seems to rely on a set of compressed data files  - they all have the suffix  .bz2.

I backed in to generating these at some point, but further calls to orca don't seem to create any new data files. And I don't recall what I did to get them built in the first place. At this point I am totally lost.

I need to understand how these files get created so I can press on. Any advice at all will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve Starer

This communication is for informational purposes only and nothing
herein should be construed as a solicitation, recommendation or
an offer to buy or sell any securities or product. The information
contained herein has been obtained from sources believed to be
reliable but we do not guarantee accuracy or completeness.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc and its affiliated companies, their officers,
directors and employees may have a position in or, make a market
in any securities mentioned above and, may act as an investment
banker or advisor to such companies. Client account information
or transaction details do not supersede mailed confirmations or
account statements which are the only official records containing
this information.  As a matter of policy, orders are not accepted
via e-mail or voice mail and no responsibility shall accrue
relating to any orders placed in this manner. If this communication
has been received in error, please delete or destroy immediately.