[Orca-users] recommended way to remove old clients

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Feb 4 10:03:30 PST 2003

Sean O'Neill wrote:

> > > What if I only renamed the server?  Can I get the previous orca data
> > > collected while under the original server name to use the new server name?
> >
> >Yes, then you'll need to just rename all the RRD, html and orcallator
> >directories to the new name, after stopping Orca of course on the server
> >and orcallator on the client.
>
> Blair, what about the orca_state file in this case ?  The old hostname will
> still exist in this file.  Should be be deleted and allow Orca to simply
> regenerate it ?

I wouldn't bother deleting this file, it'll take a while for Orca
to regenerate the data in there.  You could remove the lines that
deal with the old hostname however.  But due to the way the file
is structured, this may break something, since the information for
one input data file may be a pointer to another data file, and if
the data file being pointed to is deleted, then things may break
in unexpected ways.  The code in lib/Orca/OldState.pm isn't smart
enough to handle this case.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/