[Orca-users] uptime stats

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Feb 4 11:02:26 PST 2003

Sean O'Neill wrote:

> At 11:54 AM 2/4/2003 -0600, Sean O'Neill wrote:

> >>Ahhh, learn something new every day :)
> >>
> >>Its simply the number of seconds the box has been up since the last reboot.
> >>
> >>And now that I think about it - My epoche seconds thought is
> >>nuts.  Epoche seconds gives a specific point in time - not duration - in
> >>this case anyway.
> >>
> >>In your .cfg file, you could do some RRD math and convert seconds to days
> >>and graph that number.
> >
> >This is pretty easy now that I've looked at it.  I added this to my
> >orcallator.cfg file just below the "System State" block.
> >
> >plot {
> >title                   %g Uptime
> >source                  orcallator
> >data                    uptime / 86400
> >line_type               area
> >legend                  Uptime
> >y_legend                Days
> >data_min                0
> >}
> >
> >Rerunning Orca on this now.  Let you know how it works.
>
> Works great ... check it out:
>
> http://chivas.oneill.dhs.org/orca/o_gauge_uptime_per_86400-all.html

Sean,

Great stuff!

Can you make a backup copy of the plots and then add the line

plot_min		0

to this plot and recreating the PNGs?  Let's see which plots look
better on the short time range ones (day through quarter) with a 0
plot minimum.

After we decide, I'll make the Subversion commit.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/