[Orca-users] Interface eri

Pierre Josnin - OSIATIS pierre.josnin at cnes.fr
Fri Feb 7 07:16:57 PST 2003

Kevin Shugg wrote:

> Pierre,
>
> If you have not already done so can you check the version of the SymbEL
> toolkit (RICHPse) you are using.
>
> The kstat structure for the eri interface was introduced in Version 3.2.1
>
> Regards,
> Kevin
>
> Kevin Shugg
> Technical Consultant
> ASG (Asia Pacific) Pty Ltd
>

> > Blair Zajac wrote:

> > > Thank you for your interest,
> > > No string eri (and no string hme) in the first line of orcallator
> > > output file
> >
> > So the eri stats are then not being measured on that system.  Which
> ethernet cards does that system have?
> >
> > Best,
> > Blair

>  Standard disclaimer:
>  Any recipient of this communication acknowledges that:
>  * The Government Employees Superannuation Board accepts no responsibility
>     for the contents, nor the validity of this communication; and
>  * they do not rely on any view given unless it is properly authorised.

My system is a Sun-Blade-1000 and has an  eri0 Fast-Ethernet 100BASE-TX  on
the motherboard.

# pkginfo RICHPse  results :
PKGINST:  RICHPse
NAME:  The SymbEL Interpreter
VERSION:  3.2 (03:25 PM 02/16/01)

In file kstat.se , I have the kstat structure for "eri" :
kstat struct "eri:" ks_eri_network {
    int    number$;       /* linear interface number */
    string name$;         /* name of the interface   */

    uint64_t ipackets;
    uint64_t ierrors;
... }

parameters for interfaces "hme" and "qfe" are in the following files (under
RICHPse/include/ ) :
- live_rules.se
- ndd.se
- netif.se
but there is no string "eri" in these files

I hope this help you.

Pierre