[Orca-users] one client will not update

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Jan 9 09:28:26 PST 2003

jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com wrote:

> >Can you check the orcallator.se output data files.  Do they have all
> >the data in there?  Is orcallator.se still running and collecting
> >data?
>
> I am getting the error in my mail:
>
> Orca: file
> `/packages/performance/orca/install/var/orca/orcallator/rocwinkle/percol-2003-01-09-000'
> did exist and is now gone.

This isn't a big deal.  See question 2.4 in

http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/FAQ.html

I would stop Orca, delete that client's RRD files and restart
Orca.  Let me know if this helps.

> There are other more recent files in this directory.  I touched the
> missing file, but of course it is zero length.  Is this the output data
> file you refer to?

What is the file's name?  Should be something like orcallator-YYYY.....

Which version of Orca, orcallator.se and orcallator.cfg are you
using?

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/