[Orca-users] space concerns, gzip, bzip2 or nothing

Liston Bias bias at pobox.com
Thu Jan 9 10:05:05 PST 2003

The version of start_orcallator I am using sets:

  COMPRESSOR="/bin/bzip2 -9"

Do you have bzip2 in that location?  If not, then you could install,
create symlink, or change COMPRESSOR value.

I believe you still will need to go back and compress old files.

I've toyed with the idea of deleting old files on local systems as I
verify presence on central rsync server, but haven't actually implemented.
Has anyone else done this?

Figure it would include a check that RSYNC was successfull.

And then maybe:

for i in `ls -t ${ORCALLATOR_DIR}/${HOSTNAME}/orcallator* | sed -e 1,5d` ; do
     echo "Deleting $1..."
     /bin/rm $1
done

NOTHING above tested/tried...