[Orca-users] re: more info: dead zone on all graphs at same time

jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com
Tue Jan 21 11:05:42 PST 2003

>> jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com wrote:
>>
>> I seem to have missed these responses to the thread (which I
initiated!).
>> Can someone re-cap
>> what the recommended solution is?  Should I stop/start orcallator (on
the
>> clients that
>> have the dead zones in the graphs) a few minutes prior to when the
>> "server" runs orca?
>> Should I load a patch?
>
>Depends upon the symptoms.  Is it all plots that show the problem or
>just the CPU usage one?
>
>Best,
>Blair

It appears to be only the CPU plots, and mostly (with one exception) on
the systems that have very low (almost nill) CPU usage (newly set-up
systems).

In another other case, the blank space (again on the CPU plot) only
appears at the top of the graph.  Usually, the white blank space extends
from the top to the bottom of the graph and appears to last for a few
minutes.

Jeff