[Orca-users] Remote Clients.

Dave Lowenstein dlowenst at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Jan 23 10:41:27 PST 2003

Jorge, here is the script I use. I set up ssh key based auth between the
client systems and the orca host so the clients can scp without a
password. This looks in the orcallator directory of the client machine for
files with today's date that haven't been bunzip'ed yet, and then scps any
files it finds to the orca server:

#!/bin/sh
DATE=`/bin/date "+%Y-%m-%d"`

cd /usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/clientname
FILES=`/bin/ls orcallator-$DATE* | grep -v bz2`

for file in `echo $FILES`
do
/usr/local/bin/scp $file
servername:/usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/clientname
done

There are probably other ways to do this but it works for me. I run it
every 15 minutes.

Dave Lowenstein
Programmer/Analyst
Instructional Technology Services