[Orca-users] Extremely high ctxt/s switching numbers

Pete Stoneberg pete at stoneyweb.com
Tue Jun 10 10:43:31 PDT 2003

We recently upgarded some of our Compaq servers to Redhat 7.3.  About once per day now, I see values in the ctxt/s field that cannot be right.  It will log along at 30K to 80K and then I'll get a 14MM value for one 5 minute period.  This cannot be possible and sqews the graphs so bad you can't see any of the real numbers for that day or beyond.  I'm running the 2.4.18 kernel.  I'm running orca 0.27b2.
Thanks.

Pete