[Orca-users] Pod2man install error for Orca 0.27

Keany, Patrick J patrick.j.keany at lmco.com
Tue Jun 17 08:25:12 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am attempting to install Orca 0.27 on a Sun Solaris 8 platform and get the
following error

pod2man --release=1.0.40 --center=rrdtool rrdtool.pod  > rrdtool.1
sh: pod2man: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `rrdtool.1'

First question is where can I download pod2man and what version should I
download?

Second question is how do I update the Makefile to locate the pod2man once
it is installed. The Makefile is located in subdirectory
./root_install_dir/metrics_software/orca-0.27/packages/rrdtool-1.0.40/doc
Unfortunately, the Makefile is being generated and I can't simply edit it to
hardcode the path to pod2man.
I haven't figured out yet how the Makefile is being generated. Also, I
attempted setting my PATH to where pod2man will be installed
but this is simply ignored by the Makefile.

Patrick Keany
e-mail Work: Patrick.J.Keany at lmco.com

Lockheed Martin
P.O.Box 748