[Orca-users] Data Accuracy problem or is it averaging?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Jun 17 12:56:18 PDT 2003

> Santana Fernando wrote:
>
> Hi, I edited RRDFile.pm and ImageFile.pm so that Orca
> would not average the data for weekly, monthly and so forth.
>
> Also, I edited the Constants.pm file and made
> @RRA_PDP_COUNTS =   (    1,     1,     1,   1); so that Orca
> would not average at all for any of the plots.  After that, I
> deleted all rrd files and started Orca.
>
> The problem now is that I see the minimum idle percentage to be a
> number that doesn't match the graph.  For example, here in the weekly,
> plot I would have had expected to see an idle minimum of 29.2 or a smaller
> number.
>
> Does someone knows what's going on?  I would like to maintain data
> accuracy on the plots before I present them to
>
> my supervisor.

Santana,

If you want to remove consolidated data, I would completely remove the
consolidations.  I would modify lib/Orca/Constants.pm to have something
like this;

use vars         qw(@RRA_PLOT_TYPES @RRA_PDP_COUNTS @RRA_ROW_COUNTS);
push(@EXPORT_OK, qw(@RRA_PLOT_TYPES @RRA_PDP_COUNTS @RRA_ROW_COUNTS));
BEGIN {
  @RRA_PLOT_TYPES = qw(yearly);
  @RRA_PDP_COUNTS =   (                1);
  @RRA_ROW_COUNTS =   ( 3*365*24*2400*12);
}

Let me know how this works.

It'll probably be really slow this way though.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/