[Orca-users] Memory leak under Linux?

Jenny Williams jennyw at email.unc.edu
Mon Jun 23 11:25:14 PDT 2003

All -
I installed Orca 0.27 with  perl, v5.6.1 on a test box on Friday.  Orca
running in daemon mode and the monitoring agent procallator.pl were the
only two new processes on that box; it is the only box being monitored by
this orca process, and tests are out of the box.  That machine is a dual
CPU Athlon with 2G memory; this box prior to the installation maintained at
a very low level of consumed memory. Between Friday and today the memory
usage went from less than 50% used to having only 11M left; I restarted the
box today.  Searching the internet, orca-dev, orca-user and orca-checkin
has yielded no recent info for me on this issue, other than a user having
similar issues on a Solaris box.

Any similar experiences, suggestions?  For one, can someone suggest a back
version that would successfully run in daemon mode?  or a version of Perl
under which this configuration is known to run?

<http://www.unc.edu/atn/beowulf/monitor_test/orca/o_baobab-n1.isis.unc.edu-
hourly.html>

The procallator.cfg file is attached.

Thanks!