[Orca-users] Netbackup & Combining Graphs

Liston Bias bias at pobox.com
Thu Mar 13 12:05:34 PST 2003

When creating data with script outside of orcallator.se, is it a sound
idea ot merge the data together in single oracllator data file or just
keep them totally separate?  I like to keep everything together, but
believe it could leave to more problems.

I'm looking at collecting netbackup stats.  I have seen posting in the
past where some have done this as separate orca instance.  For those who
have done this, what kinda of data do you suggest one gather?  We have
ongoing problems with backups and are looking to get a better idea of
when/why our problems exist with graphs.

One thing we are looking to graph is failures per day.  We would want to
reset the count daily.  Is there something in orca to allow me to do
cummulative count for current day only?  I'm guessing it may be easiest to
just put the counting in perl data collection script.

Thanks,
Liston

- Liston Bias                       The really happy man is one who can
  Alumnus of Oklahoma State Univ    enjoy the scenery on a detour.
  Alumnus of Florida State Univ                     -- Anonymous

  bias at pobox.com
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias