[Orca-users] Netbackup & Combining Graphs

Liston Bias bias at pobox.com
Fri Mar 14 08:27:24 PST 2003

Thanks.  I like the idea of logging failures in last 24 hours.  I think we
still need failures during calendar day, but that would be nice addition.

I tried to view your drive metrics script on-line but the only reference I
found doesn't seem to include script.  Do you have it elsewhere?

 http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2002-October/013098.html

These are the commands currently looking to manipulate (with addition of
bperror now) for data every five minutes:

 $TPCONFIG = "/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -d";
 $VMDAREQ = "/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmdareq";
 $BPDBJOBS = "/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -summary";

- Lisotn

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 ida3248 at vip.cybercity.dk wrote:

> Hi Liston
>
> On the veritas-bu mail, I have posted scripts and orca configuration,
> for graphs of tape drives in use and down.
> The subject was drive metrics and the sender mander47
>
> You could use bperror -U -backstat -hoursago 24 to get number failed jobs pr day.
>
> Regards
> Michael
> > When creating data with script outside of orcallator.se, is it a sound
> > idea ot merge the data together in single oracllator data file or just
> > keep them totally separate?  I like to keep everything together, but
> > believe it could leave to more problems.
> >
> > I'm looking at collecting netbackup stats.  I have seen posting in the
> > past where some have done this as separate orca instance.  For those who
> > have done this, what kinda of data do you suggest one gather?  We have
> > ongoing problems with backups and are looking to get a better idea of
> > when/why our problems exist with graphs.
> >
> > One thing we are looking to graph is failures per day.  We would want to
> > reset the count daily.  Is there something in orca to allow me to do
> > cummulative count for current day only?  I'm guessing it may be easiest to
> > just put the counting in perl data collection script.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Liston

> > - Liston Bias                       The really happy man is one who can
> >   Alumnus of Oklahoma State Univ    enjoy the scenery on a detour.
> >   Alumnus of Florida State Univ                     -- Anonymous
> >
> >   bias at pobox.com
> >   http://www.pobox.com/~bias

- Liston Bias                       Trouble is a part of your life, and if
  Alumnus of Oklahoma State Univ    you don't share it, you don't give the
  Alumnus of Florida State Univ     person who loves you a chance to love
                                    you enough.
  bias at pobox.com                                    -- Dinah Shore
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias