[Orca-users] warning: file /tmp/test was current and now is not

Konstantinos Fotiadis kostas.fotiadis at oteglobe.net
Mon Mar 17 23:57:56 PST 2003

ok :-)
here it goes....

#/usr/local/orca/bin# ./orca -v -v
./orca: no configuration file specified
usage: ./orca [options] configuration_file
  -daemon           Run Orca in daemon mode
  -gifs             Output GIFs instead of PNGs
  -logfile filename Output all messages
  -no-html          Update RRD files and images but not HTML files
  -no-images        Update RRD files but not image and HTML files
  -once             Run only once and do not continue to monitor input files
  -verbose          Verbose; list multiple times for increased verbosity

#/usr/local/orca/config# more orca.cfg
state_file      /usr/local/orca/config/orca.state
html_dir        /usr/local/orca/html
rrd_dir         /flows/orca/rrd

group test1 {
find_files              /tmp/orcatest
#column_description      first_line
column_description      column1_dstAS column2_octets
date_source             file_mtime
interval                30
reopen       l
}

plot {
title         this is a test
source        test1
data          column2_octets
data_type     counter
data          8 * octets
}

So, to have the full picture: I have the prog named flow-tools which gathers
flows in a working dir with the name flows.2003318 from CISCO routers and
then doing some reports based on my criteria.
The output for my test report, in order to find out how ORCA works, is named
orcatest, goes to /tmp and has 2 values. Below is the sample of orcatest.
_____________
6799 15000000

6799 is the destinationAS and 15000000 is the octets.
Every five minutes I have a new flows.xxxxxxx file, from my CISCO routers,
and so the file orcatest is rewritten with new values. Basically the value
destinationAS doesn't change, only the octets values does. Remember that I
am trying to do a report for AS6799 and traffic that has destination to it,
since we are a carrier ISP.
So, I run ORCA like this:
$prefix/bin/orca - g ../config/orca.cfg and after a while a  I get the error
which is already described.
Even though I tried manually to change the second value, that is the octets
values, and then run again ORCA I get the same error.
ORCA does create the rrd file and all the htmls but of course all are empty.
Any help would much be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Kostas