Sv: [Orca-users] Most recent orca-0.27 or orca-0.27b3 ?

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Mar 18 11:36:26 PST 2003

Michael Graff Andersen wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I have built ORCA on cygwin 1.3-21 on Windows NT 4.0, I have made test
> graph but there still some issues.

BTW, cygwin 1.3.22-1 is out.  The changes for this version state:

    Changes since 1.3.21-1 (worst cygwin release ever):

    - Fix problems with console handling in emacs and other pty using
      applications.  (Christopher Faylor)

    - Fix problem which stopped cygwin from running on Windows 9x.
      (Corinna Vinschen)

    - Fix strange formatting of information in /proc/cpuinfo.
      (Corinna Vinschen, Christopher January)

    - Fix rsh/rcmd problems.  (Corinna Vinschen)

    - Export  btowc, trunc.  (Christopher Faylor)

> I will remove all of cygwin and then do following:
> 1. install cygwin
> 2. download orca-0.27 and Time-Hires-1.43
> 3. replace orca-0.27 Time-Hires-XX with Time-Hires-1.43 if needed
> 4. run CFLAGS='-DPNG_STATIC -g' ./configure --with-html-dir=/cygdrive/d/html
> 5. make
> 6. make install_modules if needed
> 7. make install
> 8. Try to resolve the issues

What issues are there?

Also, you'll want to run make test_modules to make certain that the
Perl modules compile and test properly.

> I will post a more complete howto if you are interested.

If you could post a diff to the INSTALL file, that would be greatly
appreciated.  This would be in the next Orca release.

The next Orca release will contain Time-HiRes-1.43, so there's no need
to mention that.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/