[Orca-users] CPU Usage w/Wait IO

Andy Waddington steady_1 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 08:07:06 PST 2003

We have some SUN servers where we are upgrading SEToolkit in groups: some of
them are creating orcallator files and some percol files.  It is fairly
simple to have find_files for group "orcallator" pick up both versions.

Now that it is available for some servers, I have modified my CPU Usage plot
to include the wio% column as follows:

plot {
title             %g CPU Usage
source            orcallator
data              sys%
data              wio%
data              usr%
line_type         area
line_type         stack
line_type         stack
legend            System
legend            Wait IO
legend            User
y_legend          Percent
data_min          0
data_max          100
plot_min          0
plot_max          100
rigid_min_max     1
}

However, this is giving unintended results.  I have attached two (partially
censored) graphs to demonstrate.

For servers with the wio% column everything looks normal.  For servers
without the wio% column it correctly plots the data for sys% and usr% and
ignores wio%, but when it creates the legend entries it displays "System"
and "Wait IO" and ignores "User".

Am I missing something or is there a "fix" to force the plot to skip the
corresponding legend when a data entry isn't found?

Thanks
Andy