[Orca-users] uptime graph modified - keeper ?

Sean O'Neill sean at seanoneill.info
Thu May 1 07:10:10 PDT 2003

At 02:33 PM 5/1/2003 +0200, Hoeke, Johan wrote:
>I'd like to try out that uptime stuff with the day / week  / month mod.
>Looks nice. I could use in on my HPUX servers. Having trouble finding the
>modified pro and/or orcacollator.cfg.in in subversion. Can somebody please
>help out a subversion newbie and give me directions?

That's cuz I haven't checked the code in yet.  It's a simple update
though.  Here is the uptime section in the modified orcallator.cfg (just
added four lines):

plot {
title       %g Uptime
source      orcallator
data        uptime / 86400
data        uptime / ( 86400 * 7 )
data        uptime / ( 86400 * 30 )
line_type   area
legend      Uptime in Days
legend      Uptime in Weeks
legend      Uptime in Months
y_legend    Total Time
data_min    0
plot_min    0
href        http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html#system_uptime

}

I haven't done anything with the procallator.cfg stuff though.  But the
modification should be almost identical.

A warning though.  For folks with lots of archive data, this is going to
take a while.  This will force Orca to read in the uptime data from the
archives and create/process two new RRD file:

gauge_uptime_per_(_86400_X_30_).rrd
gauge_uptime_per_(_86400_X_7_).rrd

This may take a while depending on how much data you have and how beefy
your system is.

--
Sean O'Neill