[Orca-users] Netbackup Graphs

Karl.Rossing at Federated.CA Karl.Rossing at Federated.CA
Wed Apr 21 14:57:48 PDT 2004

Well i have been wrestling with a script a perl script that someone sent
me.

The script uses bpdbjobs -all_colums
There is an example of the bpdbjobs command output here
http://www.backupcentral.com/cgi-bin/netbackup-fom?_highlightWords=bpdbjobs&file=194

I'm slowly trying to build a perl script that dumps the following:
Netbackup_Jobid
Netbackup_Client
Job_Path or Mount point or drives that the job backedup eg: system_state,
c:\, e:\ etc...
Bytes_Backed_up
KBytes_per_sec for try x
Elapsed_time for try x

KB/sec seems the hardest one to figure out. Since the bpdbjobs command
output might have multiple tries on a single backup. IE: don't need try 1
stats, get try 2 stats. I can't begin to figure out how to parse that
although i will have to.

Once i get bpdbjobs scripted, i'll write something to dump to a file that
orca uses. This way i should be able to see how any performance tweaks
trend over time.

orca-users-bounces+karl.rossing=federated.ca at orcaware.com wrote on
04/21/2004 11:03:33 AM: