[Orca-users] Some questions about procallator and orca.

marmth at ig.com.br marmth at ig.com.br
Wed Apr 28 14:28:20 PDT 2004

Blair,

     I found procallator and I installed it following this instructions that
I found in README file.  I have some questions about this instructions .

> Installation:
> The installation is quite simple.
> - Edit script procallator.pl and adjust the configurable parameters on the
beginning of this file

     1st - I found in directory orca-0.27\contrib\procallator only this
files :

             - install.sh
             - procallator
             - procallator.cfg
             - procallator.pl.in
             - Readme
             - Todo
             - update_orca_server.sh

            I changed the name of the file procallator.pl.in
to procallator.pl because when I tryed to run install.sh script an error
ocurred .  The message was about the script procallator.pl couldn´t not find

            Is it correct to change the name of this file procallator.pl.in
?

      2sd - I could´n understand this line in the script
$HOSTNAME=`/bin/hostname`;.  What have I set here ?

      3th - I changed $DEST_DIR="/usr/local/var/orca/$HOSTNAME"; to
$DEST_DIR="/opt/orca/$HOSTNAME";.  This is the place where I installed orca.
 Have I change another line in the script ?

> - Edit install.sh script and check it

         I edited install.sh script only the line where the orca location´ve
been written .  The orther parts of the script looks correct .

> - as root run install.sh

         1st - I ran install.sh script and everythink looks ok but I checked
the directory /etc/init.d and I saw that procallator was with no executable
permission. I changed with chmod 755 procallator.  Is it correct ??

         2st - I checked the process for procallator with ps -A but I didn´t
find it.  I tryed to run with ./procallator start and I checked the pid
again and it´s the same.  I ran ./procallator stop and received this
message:

            Stopping procallator terminated
            kill 3580: process unknow

           I could´n understand why the operating system didn´t find this
pid . What is it wrong in this case ?

> - configure the distribution mecanism
         I didn´t understand about this 'mecanism' .

> - on the server, run orca using the exmple procallator.cfg
         I didn´t try to run orca with the procallator.cfg .

      Other questions :

         - Have I put procallator start in crontab ?
         - What the diference between orca and procallator ?
         - When have I run orca? Everyday, weekly, monthly ?
         - Have I put orca in crontab to ?

       Thanks for your help Blair.
        Best
     Marcos Maia