[Orca-users] Compatability with Solaris 8

Schmitz Dale M Contr 20 IS/INPTG Dale.Schmitz at offutt.af.mil
Thu Feb 26 11:42:43 PST 2004

Has anyone successfully compiled Orca on a Solaris 8 system?

I keep running into an error that says some language specific packages are
not installed.  On earlier versions of Solaris, the SUNWspro package
contained everything necessary to compile and run, but it appears with
Solaris 8, Sun has altered SUNWspro into two packages, SUNWsprot, and
SUNWsprox, which don't install the same way.

I can't find documentation on this point.  Has anyone else run into this
problem?

Thanks

Dale