[Orca-users] Monitoring multiple hosts

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Jan 7 10:12:19 PST 2004

James Finn wrote:

> I have configured orcallator.se to run on a remote web server that
> I want to monitor and it's collecting data just fine. I have copied
> the data to my server that Orca runs on and displays the data via a
> web page in Apace. My problem is this. How can I get the index.htm
> page on my apache server that houses the orca data to display the
> server name for different data collected? I would like for it to
> look like the examples I have seen in the documentation. I have
> looked in the orcallator.cfg file but I can't find anything in
> there so any help would be appreciated.
>
> Right now I'm only displaying one servers data in the web pages
> and it currently shows a "." for the host name.

The host name is picked up from the regular expression that matches
the filename in the find_files configuration parameters, specifically
the characters that are matched by a grouping in ()'s.  So the default
orcallator.cfg contains this:

find_files	@VAR_DIR@/orcallator/(.*)/(?:(?:orcallator)|(?:percol))

The hostname here is picked up from the (.*)

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/