[Orca-users] orca confusing plots with each other

Rayman, Mark (IDS GMDS) mark_rayman at ml.com
Thu Jan 8 14:11:52 PST 2004

Subject: orca confusing plots with each other

I have implemeted a Tibco RV data gatherer.  It gathers traffic rates (msg update rates) per source, among other things.

I had wanted to make a plot which graphs a number of metrics together, and then each of those metrics on a seperate plot.

Like this:

group rvstats {
}

plot {
	data src1
	data src2
	data src3
}

plot {
	data src1
}

plot {
	data src2
}

plot {
	data src3
}

What I am seeing is that some of the individual plots (2,3, or 4) display the same plot as the first plot.

What seems to be happening is that orca is not generating unique name for the png files, and they are clobbering each other.  The html file names are good, but the png filenames appear truncated.

Is this a known issue/limitation?  Or am I doing something wrong.

thanks

Mark Rayman
VP Market Data Product Management
95 Greene Street