[Orca-users] problem while starting orcallator

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Jan 9 17:24:54 PST 2004

> Eric Swanson wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I am having a problem while running the start_orcallator command
> on Solaris9.  I get the following output:
>
> # start_orcallator
> Writing data into /mnt/orca/rrd/var/orcallator/vili/
> Starting logging
> Sending output to nohup.out
> nohup: /usr/local/bin: Permission denied
>
> I checked the nohup.out in /usr/local/bin and found that it is
> being used by the Power Failure Database Shutdown/Startup Facility.
> Is there a way to get around this?  EDit the start_orcallator file?
> Sorry for the newbie question.
>
> Eric Swanson

Sure, there's no problem editting the start_orcallator script.

The problem is probably where are you cd'ed when you're running the
script?  It may not have write permissions to the directory where
you are located.

You wouldn't be in an NFS mounted directory running as root?

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/