[Orca-users] Best way to scale up ORCA?

Colin Bigam colin at west.gecems.com
Wed Jan 21 10:18:55 PST 2004

Hey all;

We've been running ORCA as a pilot project which has grown beyond our original
confines. It's now time to expand, and I need to know the best way to go.

First of all, everything is currently on a central NFS server. Not only
are the clients writing to an NFS mount, but the se toolkit and the (single)
orcallator.se script are all there as well.

Now at a bare minimum, I intend to put client-specific orcallator.se scripts
on each machine. Should I also put the se toolkit binaries on the individual
machines?

Secondly, how can I actually take advantage of the second CPU in my data
processing box? I can run two instances of ORCA on two separate groups of
machines (and two data directories, etc.) but as far as I can see, I'll
end up with two independent web pages, each with the data for half of the
servers. Is there any way I can run multiple instances of ORCA, but
consolidate the graphs?

Thanks!
Colin

--